Chicken Soboro Donburi
Ground chicken rules every possible cuisine in the world. The delicate flavors of ground chicken can boost up the zest of any dish to near perfection. The Japanese had also realized the magic of ground chicken and hence have incorporated it as a prime element in their dishes. Soboro donburi is one such naive yet exceptionally delectable Japanese delicacy that will surely sweep you off your feet with its amazing range of flavors. The Japanese call bowl as “donburi” and sosbor donburi refers to Japanese rice adorned with a topping, ground chicken in this case. The people of Japan take pride in their Japanese rice and it is a must-have during their meals. Japanese rice teamed with ground chicken gives rise to a complete meal for light lunches. In soboro donburi the sticky texture of the rice come together with ground chicken cooked in sweet soy sauce to create magic. A poached egg on top or onsen tamago with sunny side up gives uniqueness to the dish. Prick the egg yolk and let it ooze into the rice to give a feel of rich creaminess to the rice. An assortment of vegetables or crumbled tofu on top adds to the flavors of this dish. So bring the taste of Asia to your meal let the flavors mesmerize you.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sake or any rice wine
- Sesame seeds
- 1 poached egg
- A bowl of steamed Japanese rice
- Oil as needed
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a skillet and brown the ground chicken while crumbling it with the spoon.
- Put in the minced onions and continue to cook for some time.
- Pour in the sake and sweet soy sauce; continue to cook until the liquids are absorbed completely.
- Spread the green onions and sesame seeds over a bowl of steamed rice.
- Top it up with the cooked ground chicken and serve hot.