Ground Chicken Schnitzel
Is your heart longing for a crunchy savory treat? Ground chicken schnitzel has come to the rescue to meet your cravings and fill your heart with utmost satisfaction. This German delicacy consists of meat, coated in egg, flour and breadcrumbs and fried till it reaches its delicious crunchiness. You might find it similar to chicken parma in many ways but much more versatile and flexible to work with. You will come across schnitzel with a range of elaborate names. Though it might baffle you initially but they are nothing but schnitzel made out of different meat. While the pork cutlets go by the name of Schweine-Schnitzel, those made of turkey and chicken are known as Puten-Schnitzel and Hänchen-Schnitzel respectively. A splash of lemon juice on top and mashed potatoes by the side makes the schnitzel more appetizing to your taste buds. But a lavish sauce on top turns it into a sensation. Try a creamy mushroom sauce or a fiery, herbed tomato based one to bring out the best in these German cutlets. If you are feeling too lazy to make a sauce, simply top it up with some cheese and melt it in the oven to give a chicken parma feel to it. If the sound of this divine dish has already left you drooling, then imagine what it will do to your senses when its flavors hit your palate. So rush to the kitchen and make this yummy German delight for you.
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup gruyere cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Bread crumbs, for coating
- Flour, dredging
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Blend in the cheese, garlic and seasonings into the ground chicken and put them in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
- Take portions of the meat mixture in your oiled palm and shape them into several medium-sized round patties.
- Coat each patty with flour before dropping it in the beaten egg.
- Now cover every corner of the patty with breadcrumbs and dip it in the oil.
- Fry the patties over moderate heat until they turn crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer the fried schnitzels to a plate lined with paper towels, in order to do away with excess oil.
- Serve with lemon wedges and mashed potatoes or fresh salad by its side.