Ground Chicken Gumbo
When browsing at your local supermarket or health store, one of the newest varieties of poultry preparation will be tempting to pick up for your next meal. But where can you find delicious and easy ground chicken recipes? Leafing through one of your cookbooks probably won’t come up with any solutions. But do not fear: here is a selection of some of the greatest ground chicken recipes that can be found on the web. From delicious Cajun specialties to gourmet Mediterranean fare, ground chicken recipes will satisfy your every culinary desire. Try this take on a Cajun staple with this ground chicken gumbo recipe.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook the chicken, celery, green pepper and onion in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice. Yields: 6 servings.