Murgh Keema (Indian Ground Chicken Curry)
In India, murgh means chicken and ‘keema’ means minced. So a curry made out of ground chicken is known as murgh keema among Indians. Indian food is synonymous to spiciness and this ground chicken curry won’t disappoint you to the slightest bit. The tomatoes give a tangy kick to the gravy while the spices embrace the whole dish with its piquant flavors. If your heart is yearning for a spicy twist in your meal, then murgh keema is the right dish for you. A splash of lemon juice or spiced up yogurt goes well with this dish. Sprinkle some chopped cilantros or mint on top to give it a bracing feel. Dip Indian flat bread or roti into its rich, spicy gravy and indulge in its zesty flavors So plan to cook murgh keema for your next dinner and surprise your family members with its powerhouse of flavors.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 5 green chilies, thinly sliced crosswise
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Indian curry powder
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/3 tsp turmeric
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Sauté the onions in heated oil until they turn brown.
- Add the ground chicken along with ginger, garlic, spices and salt to the onions and cook until the chicken crumbles and cooked through.
- Pour in the yogurt and lemon juice as well as the tomatoes and green chilies and cook while stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook until oil appears above the surface of the gravy.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and stir to mix.
- Serve and enjoy!