Mushrooms Stuffed with Ground Chicken
Mushrooms stuffed with a delicious filling make for great nibbles during parties as well as entrees for meals. Stuffed mushrooms do not call for excellent culinary skills and mushrooms with even simplest of stuffing will never disappoint you. They are perfect for every occasion, be it a party or a quiet family dinner. Stuffing made out of ground chicken makes for a yummy filling in stuffed mushrooms. The ground chicken with a hint of garlic and the slight fiery feel from the red pepper flakes turns these stuffed mushrooms into a scrumptious appetizer. The cheesy tone and freshness from the parsley adds to its flavors. Though only Parmesan cheese is used in this recipe, but you can stuff it with a combination of cheese to enhance its flavors. You can choose any type of mushrooms for this recipe as long as the hollow in the cap is big enough to hold the stuffing. But if you are looking forward to bringing out the best in your appetizer, go for Portobello mushrooms. So stuff yourself with stuffed mushrooms and relish their flavors.
- ½ lb ground chicken
- 24 large fresh Portobello mushrooms.
- 3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg white, beaten
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumb
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Chop off the stems of the mushrooms and keep the stems aside.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and arrange the mushroom caps on it, hollow side up.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté the chopped stem with garlic over medium heat until it starts to brown.
- Add the ground chicken and continue to sauté for 5-10 minutes or the chicken loses its pinkish hue.
- Throw in the green onions, breadcrumbs, beaten egg white, pepper flakes and ginger and stir to mix well.
- Pour in the soy sauce and chopped parsley into the sautéed mixture and continue to cook for some time.
- Pat dry the mushroom caps to remove any moisture on it.
- Stuff portions of the above filing into the mushroom caps and sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake them in the oven for about 10 minutes.
- When the topping gets a golden brown hue, remove from oven and serve.