Sloppy Joe Recipe
The best part of Sloppy Joe is an American-style sauce served on hamburger bun to make a one of a kind messy sandwich. This savory tomato sauce flavored with ground meat, onions and seasonings makes it an ultimate charmer. It all started at a cafe in Iowa where a cook named Joe made a similar sandwich, minus the tomato sauce. Now this loose meat sandwich has taken the world of American comfort food with a storm. This healthy version of Sloppy Joe is made of ground chicken instead of ground beef in order to keep the fat content low. The tartness of the tomatoes compliments the meaty flavor with a garlicky tone. The best part of this comfort food is that, every element in this dish is readily available in every kitchen and keeps your meal within budget. So munch on a Sloppy Joe sandwich whenever your taste buds yearn for something thrilling and enjoy!
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 30 oz tomato sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, sliced at the middle
- 1 red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Sauté the ground chicken and hopped bell pepper over medium heat until the meat is cooked through and the bell peppers soften.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the sautéed meat and stir it in along with garlic powder, black pepper, brown sugar and seasonings.
- Boil the sauce and then simmer it over low flame for about 10 minutes, stirring it at times.
- Spread portions of over buns and serve immediately before the bread turns soggy.