Ground Chicken Savory Muffins
People usually associate muffins with desserts, studded with fruits and always ready to pleasure our sweet tooth. But not everyone has a thing for sugary stuff; but that doesn’t mean that they will be deprived of gorging on these baked delights. The savory counterpart of muffins makes a delicious deviation from the usual sweet, fruity muffins and act as a scrumptious snack, perfect for any part of the day. Pack the muffins in your kid’s lunch box, serve them in picnics or simply dish them by the side of a soup and watch everyone’s face lit up with glee. Savory muffins are extremely flexible to work with; stuff them with any filling to your liking and you will end up enjoying new flavors every time you bake them. Ground chicken makes a delectable option to stuff these flavorsome treats. If you don’t find it enough to make your muffins taste great, then splurge on veggies like carrots, broccoli or spinach, growing in your garden to add to the batter. They will not only boost up the flavors but will also turn the savory muffins into a boon for your well being.
- 1 cup ground chicken, cooked
- 2 cup baking mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small florets and boiled
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Combine the baking mix, cheese and garlic powder in a bowl and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the egg along with oil as well as buttermilk and pour it gently into the dry mixture.
- Add the veggies and ground chicken in the end and stir the batter to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Ladle the batter into the greased muffin mold until each of them are about ¾ full.
- Put them in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Once cooked through, de-mold the muffins from the pan and cool them on a wire rack.
- Serve and munch on these savory delights.