Mexican Quesadilla Recipe
Mexican quesadilla is a fun appetizer made of tortilla stuffed with delightful filling to suit every taste. This crunchy nibbles which has its roots in Mexico underwent changes in course of time to please every individual’s palate. Nowadays a number of variations are savored by people worldwide. So you can tease your taste buds with a variety of flavors in the same old quesadilla. When it comes to stuffing your quesadilla, you can go for either sweet or savory flavors. The most common filling for this appetizer are veggies, cooked ground meat, mushrooms, avocado and cheese. You can also opt for tomato salsa or guacamole to compliment the thin crispy tortillas. While choosing the tortillas, both corn and flour counterparts are well-suited for this dish. Once cooked, simply slice them into wedges, serve them with a spicy dipping and the Mexican quesadillas are set to amaze your guests with its scrumptious flavors.
- 1 ½ cups boiled ground chicken
- ½ cup goat cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 flour tortillas
- 6 large button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tsp cream cheese, whipped
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the mushrooms, onions and garlic with salt and pepper, in olive oil until the onions browns slightly.
- Add the ground chicken to the sautéed mixture and continue to cook until they are cooked through.
- Splash some vinegar into it and cook for another minute or so.
- Combine the cream and goat cheese in a separate bowl.
- Warm the tortillas in a separate skillet on both sides for a minute.
- Top each of the tortillas with a portion of the cheese mixture, followed by the sautéed mixture.
- Finish it off with a part of mozzarella cheese and continue to cook the tortilla until the cheese melts.
- Fold it over the filling and seal the edges by pressing it.
- Cut them into wedges and serve with dipping or salsa of your preference.