Ground Chicken Salad
Generally, chicken can be successfully combined with other meats, vegetables and even fruits and therefore the number of chicken salad recipes is quite numerous. Ground chicken salad is an easy and nutritious meal that can be made of ground chicken meat and an array of other products such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, mushrooms, cheese and so on. This dish is so versatile that it can be used any time throughout the day: as a quick and healthy lunch, mid afternoon snack or even as a light dinner. Feel free to experiment with the ingredients as well as the dressings to get the best combination of flavors that will appeal to your taste buds time and time again. And most importantly, ground chicken salad will allow you to get the proper amount of protein, carbs and fiber that will provide energy to keep you going during the day. It is always delicious and never redundant!
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup of diced avocado
- ½ cup of chopped scallions
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup of sliced olives
- 1 ½ cup of Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil until hot, then add chicken, garlic, onions and the sauce. Cook for 8-10 minutes while stirring and breaking the chicken until it is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, mix the lettuce, avocado, scallions and the cheese. Stir in the chicken.
- Dress with your favorite dressing and toss. The salad can be served with bread on the side.