Ground Chicken Burger
Chicken burger is one of the most popular fast food all over the world. Chicken burger can fill your stomach during lunch and dinner time alike, pleasing your taste buds at the same time. Though chicken burgers are usually prepared with chicken breast, but a patty made from ground chicken makes the burger taste equally delicious. The ground chicken patty for burgers can be cooked in different ways. Some prefer to have it fried while some love the smoky essence of grilled patty. Ground chicken patty basted with barbecue or teriyaki sauce gives a spicy zing to the burger. Stack up trimmings like tomato or lettuce and additional elements like bacon, cheese, grilled onions or guacamole to make your burger even more sumptuous. Run your imagination wild and top the ground chicken patty with grilled pineapple or avocado to give a fruity twist to the burger. A chicken burger is incomplete with a generous helping of honey mustard, mayonnaise, chitpotle or grated cheese. There is a wide range of cheese to choose from, such as, cheddar Swiss American or pepper jack. If you are in no mood for a chicken burger, cook up a ground chicken patty and serve it on a bed of noodles or along with salads or mashed potatoes for a wholesome meal. But every time you make a chicken burger at home, try to use free range chicken to produce the most delicate and succulent patties. Try mixing turkey and chicken, the outcome is amazing. Therefore, next time your heart craves for chicken burger, don’t rush to your nearest fast food joint. Instead prepare it at home and savor it to the fullest.
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 4 buns
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium sized onions, ½ finely sliced and the rest finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 3 sweet pickle relish
- 2 tbsp honey mustard
- 4 cheese slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet and sauté the chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste for 5 minutes, add a dash of sugar to sweeten and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the sautéed mixture, Worcestershire and hot sauce into a bowl and mix well.
- Add ground chicken to it and blend into a fine mixture.
- Divide the ground chicken mixture into four equal portions and shape each of the portions into a patty.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the patties on the pan and cook for 10 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
- In the mean time, slice the bun into two from the middle.
- Arrange the sliced onions and lettuce on one half of the bun and place a ground chicken patty on them.
- Top it up with pickle relish and honey mustard, place a cheese slice on top and put the 2nd half of the bun on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes: 4 Burgers