Meatballs with cheese fillings make a chic appetizer for parties and family gatherings alike. The sight of gooey melted cheese, oozing out from within the luscious meatballs will sure tickle the taste buds to feel them. As you pop one in your mouth, the cheese is bound to mesmerise you with its rich creaminess and a subtle nutty undertone, which in turn strikes a perfect harmony with the spicy flavors of the succulent meatballs. As you merrily munch on one meatball, you will find your hand involuntarily approaching for another one; one simply can’t have enough of this cheesy meatballs! However, choose the cheese wisely to conjure up the best cheese-filled meatballs. Choose Swiss cheese with larger eyes as its fine flavors will help you make the yummiest meatballs. Among a range of Swiss cheese, Emmental variety brings the best out of these meatballs by giving a buttery touch to its flavors. Apart from being a party nibble, these cheese-filled meatballs can also double up as a main course when served over a bed of pasta, along with a zesty sauce. Follow the recipe below and help yourself to these cheesy indulgences.
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 oz dry onion soup mix
- Warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cheese and mushrooms together in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in another bowl set it aside for about 10 minutes.
- Now take a portion of the meat mixture on your palm and make a small depression at its centre.
- Place a small helping of the cheese filling on it and close the meat around it.
- Do the same with the remaining meat mixture and roll each of them into a ball
- Arrange the meatballs in a pre-greased baking dish and put them in the oven.
- Bake the meatballs for about 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked down.
- Serve immediately.