Did you know that cakes can be quite a hit as main course? This baffling fact could become true with a cake made out of ground chicken and spices. This savory dish gives a unique twist to the dessert and renders it straight from the dessert plate to the main dish platter. Meat cake is very similar to a meatloaf, but in this case, it comes to us shaped like a cake, complete with fillings between its layers and an equally delicious icing. This meat cake can bring a fun element to boring dinners. Simply present your family or guests with this cake, without revealing its actual identity and watch their funny expressions as their taste buds try to adjust to the savoury taste of a dish which looks like a dessert. Bring out your creative side while baking this meat cake. You can spread any sauce with a spicy touch, between the layers or even arrange mozzarella slices or bell peppers between them. Mashed potatoes make a perfect creamy icing for this cake and can be easily mistaken as a vanilla icing at a glance. Scrap out the uneven edges of the cake, apply the icing and decorate it with cherry tomatoes or cranberries to fool others with this meat cake.
- 2 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 roasted bell pepper
- 2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
- 3 ½ cup mashed potatoes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, seeded and cut into thin round slices
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can meat loaf sauce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- Warm up your oven to 375 degrees F while you start making the meatloaf
- Mix the ground chicken, eggs, milk, breadcrumbs, worchestershire sauce and all the veggies together in a large mixing bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Grease two medium-sized cake pans with a little oil and split the meat mixture equally between them.
- Bake the meat cakes for about 20 minutes until the juices ooze out.
- Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool for another 10 minutes.
- Now turn the cake, upside down, on a plate and spread the meatloaf sauce on its surface.
- Arrange the bell pepper slices on top and place the other meat cake over it.
- Scrap out the uneven edges to level out the cake and spread the mashed potatoes all over it with a spatula.
- Pipe decorative flowers and swirls on the cake with the mashed potatoes and embellish it with cherry tomatoes.
- Slice and serve immediately.