Omelette Muffins With Ground Chicken
The same old omelette for breakfast can often turn out to be boring and you will find your kids groaning for something new to begin their day with. Our hectic schedule also doesn’t allow us to spend much time in the kitchen and calls for a breakfast which you can grab and eat while rushing to your workplace. So why not try something for breakfast which will save your time yet comes with a delicious twist and you won’t have to compromise with nutrition too! What about having your omelette in a different way and making it handy? Try omelette muffins, baked along with ground chicken and a range of veggie chunks of your choice. It is the same old omelette baked in muffin molds and hence made portable. Bake them after dinner, store them in refrigerator and just heat the muffins in the toaster or oven just before having them for breakfast. Apart from being hassle-free, these omelette muffins could be also good for your wallet as you can simply stir in the leftover food into the egg and save them from tasting monotonous at the same time. If you want to make your muffins moist and spongy, stir in some mayonnaise and experience the wonder it does to these breakfast favorites.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup assorted diced vegetables
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- While you start preparing the muffins, warm up your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat half a tbsp of oil in a pan and brown the ground chicken for about 5 minutes, stir in the seasonings.
- Divide the ground chicken into the muffin tins followed by the veggies and cheese respectively.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk it along with oil, milk, mayonnaise and baking powder along with the seasonings.
- Spoon it into the same muffin tins, until each of them are about ¾ full.
- Bake the muffins for about 20 minutes and pack them for on-the-go breakfast.