Ground Chicken Meatloaf
Meatloaf is one of the most popular comfort food in the western world. Though primarily made of beef or pork, making a ground chicken meatloaf delivers a pleasant twist to the dish. Not only does the ground chicken bring a pleasant variation from the usual meatloaves but it also serves as a healthier low-fat substitute to red meat. Try cooking chicken meatloaf the Italian way and savor its incredible flavors The flavors of chicken, Italian herbs and cheese intermingle and create magic! The herbs offer a certain depth to the dish while the sight of oozing melted cheese is a delight to the eyes. Italian chicken meatloaf will intoxicate you with its aroma even while it bakes in the oven. Let your creativity run wild and incorporate any veggies, mushrooms, nuts or even oats to give a surprising twist to Italian chicken meatloaf. A generous dash of melted cheese on top can never go wrong with this meatloaf. Team it up with scalloped tomatoes or smother it with a tangy piquant sauce of your choice to enjoy Italian chicken meatloaf to the fullest. So follow the recipe below and take the pleasure in munching away the sumptuous bits of Italian chicken meatloaf.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 10-12 mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ of a can of tomatoes, diced
- 1/4th cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sauce of your choice
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Blend in the ground chicken, vegetables, garlic, onion, herbs, breadcrumbs, cheese and egg in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- Put the mixture in the loaf pan and shape it up into a loaf.
- Smother the top of meatloaf with sauce of your choice.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and cover surface of the meatloaf with the remaining cheese.
- Place it back into the oven and bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool it for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped parsley on top and serve immediately.