Ground Chicken Frittata
In most cases, people mistake a healthy breakfast for a boring one. Oatmeal, scrambled egg and bacons are the staple in our breakfast table. But some mornings, we wake up with a craving for a flavorsome meal. So why not fry a frittata with ground chicken and amaze your family with a spicy twist in your breakfast? This egg based dish is an offshoot of omelette but much more tastier and wholesome than the latter. Unlike omelette, frittata is more soft and fluffy in texture and the beaten egg is poured over its savory contents. Frittata makes a hearty dish and thus can doubled up as a filling meal for your lunch or dinner. This frittata recipe will welcome your morning with its bold and bright flavors. Ground chicken with a fiery zest, owing to pepper and chilies compliments the fluffy egg topping. You can throw in any veggies that your heart desires to boost up its healthy attributes. Serve it with guacamole to give a playful tangy punch to your breakfast dish and save the leftovers to satisfy your hunger at any point of the day.
- ½ lb ground chicken
- 10 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chill powder
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1-2 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- Handful of cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Add the chili powder and cumin powder to the ground chicken and season with salt, blend them well with the chicken.
- Sauté the spiced ground chicken in olive oil over moderately high heat, until the chicken browns.
- Add the garlic, cilantro and arrange the strips of pepper over the sautéed ground chicken.
- Whisk the eggs lightly and pour it over the chicken.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the underside is cooked through and the eggs remain slightly runny at the center.
- Put the oven-proof pan into the oven and cook until the frittata attains a golden brown color.
- Transfer it to the serving plate and serve with bread or salsa of your choice.