Albanian Meatballs Recipe
Meatballs are one of the most versatile foods you can ever come across. These yummy orbs of white meat make a splendid appetizer; add your own creative touch and they gets transformed into a entree. Bake, fry, cook, steam or braise with sauce, you can do anything with ground chicken meatballs. Meatballs has been loved by people globally, every country have their own way to enjoy these delectable dish. Afghanis serve meatballs with homemade soups or tomato sauce while the Chinese love to have them steamed. In Germany, meatballs are savored with caper sauce and the Latin Americans eat them with pasta. so meatballs will never be boring again! Choose any of these international flavors and surprise your family with yummy dishes every day. Nowadays, meatballs are no more round in shape. Follow the same recipe but shape them up in various shapes to bring a visual twist to your recipe. Albanian meatballs are juicy meatballs smothered with hot sauce and dipped in feta cheese. The hot sauce gives a fiery tang to the meatballs while the feta cheese leaves a mellowing creaminess in your mouth. So thrill your taste buds with this lip smacking international dish and enjoy!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 large onions, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ cup hot sauce
- Feta cheese, grated
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper powder
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- Blend ground chicken with onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Take some amount of mixture in your hand and roll them into balls with hand.
- Place the meatballs on a flat pan and add a splash of extra virgin oil over them
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange them on an oven-proof pan and bake them for 10 minutes or until the balls turn golden brown.
- In the meantime, whisk together the hot sauce and melted butter into an even mixture.
- Coat the balls with this mixture along with grated feta cheese.